|Fort Sill's Recreation Area|
I didn't think our time here in Altus would go by as quickly as it did. I feel like it was just yesterday we were pulling into this tiny town. I remember thinking what in the world was I going to do here for 3 1/2 months?
We have had some great adventures while being "stationed" here. This TDY (Temporary Duty) has been a great time of getting to know some people from Columbus. I am bummed that they will not be closer to us, but so excited for what God is doing in their lives. I can't wait to keep in touch with them as they head off to Kansas and Alaska :)
I will be sad leaving this tiny town because I have had great memories here:
- Tuesday Girl's Night watching the Bachelorette.
- Days at the pool in 100+ degree heat. We didn't even leave the coolness of the pool most times.
- Weekend BBQs because there wasn't anything else to do.
- Experience the church culture in this tiny town.
- Coffee Shop Afternoons of reading, putting together a puzzle, or just talking.
- The baby scorpion and tarantula experience
- Traveling to Medicine Creek and our Failure at Meers (overrated).
- Our day on the "beach" at LETRA (Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area) with our new friends heading to Dover :)
- Living the slow paced country life
- Trip to Oklahoma City
- Trip to Dallas
- Trip to Colorado Springs
- Trip to Fort Worth
- Our 2nd Anniversary bust where we ended up going to a "nice" restaurant all dressed up.
Gabe will actually be flying the C-17 tomorrow!
This will be his 1st of 3 flights. After the 3 we will be on a 1,500 mile trek North East to our new home. We don't have an exact date of leaving or house and our household goods are still in Birmingham, Alabama, but we will have a blast figuring everything out once we get there. We can't wait to join the McKenneys and the Johnsons. They were in our class during UPT and both got married within this past year. So blessed to have them in our lives for the next 3-5 years.